Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Roots & Erykah Badu - May 6th

Erykah Badu pictured with Kamal of The Roots.Thanks to WonderWyze for the picture.

This is pretty nice. Tuesday, May 6th the Old Port of Montreal will harbor The Roots and Erykah Badu as they stop through Quai Jacques Cartier for a hot double bill.

G.O.D. willin' we'll have some seasonal weather to accompany the show, but I'll settle for just being outside. Honestly, if this were just Erykah I don't know if I'd be so geeked about it, but something about a double-header with The Legendary Roots Crew makes the whole ticket well worth the $50 admission.

Badu is promoting the release of her latest record New Amerykah Part One. The Roots drop a new one, Rising Down, on April 29th.


I didn't see the Roots last stop in Montreal last fall, so this will by my first time seeing them without bassist Hub, who left the group last August. I feel like his absence might leave a bit of a void in the live experience. Do me a favor, Roots. Fill the gap with Malik B and Dice Raw on this one.

Other than all that, I just can't wait to get drunk outdoors. Also I'm kinda hoping Badu's wig blows off like it did in Block Party.

No comments: