Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mother Dre Gets Blunt




I think it's fair to say that Dr. Dre is the greatest roll model of all time. This touching story from the New York Post's Page Six reminds us of a fact oft-forgotten about Dre.

When the teenaged gangsta-to-be had to step up and do the right thing, he went large. He turned his experiences with drugs, violence, prostitution and firearms into a multi-platinum, award winning music career.


His mom is so proud of him that she's writing a book about her dear son the Doctor.

I think that's amazing. How many mothers would put their embarassing stories about their famous kids on the line for the sake of a few bucks...uh, I mean, books?

Dre, just please make with Detox before the biopic gets produced.

1 comment:

Jamie Uyeyama said...

I know dude, when the hell is Detox coming out? It is turning into that rumored project between Dre and Cube that was to be call Heltah Skeltah. I remember going to Sam Goody in the states and seeing it written on the wall that it was going to come out in June of 94 or something like that. I went there every month to check back on it (this was before the internet). No luck. I was choked. Keep writing, this blog is sweet. You can go ahead and tell any of your friends who own ipods about the promotion as well. just give them the webpage www.matchstick.ca/energi.

peace,
Jamie